1. WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO MY SESSION?
Don’t overthink it, just be yourself! Whatever makes you feel confident and comfortable in your own skin – wear that. I always love classic casual because no matter when you’re looking back on these photos this look tends to be the most timeless.
Ladies – from a simple top and jeans, to a maxi dress, flowy skirt, or romper, wear what makes you feel like you! Complete your look with heels, flats, sandals, or barefoot, and add accessories if you’d like!
Guys – a simple button down, jeans, or khakis will look great! Boots are always welcome with guys or gals for this native born Texan photographer!
A few last things to note for your photoshoot:
– choose flattering fits, styles, and fabrics that complement your natural shape from all angles.
– avoid too much solid black or break it up with other colors or patterns.
– stay away from fabrics or outfits that cling to you in unflattering ways.
– school spirit colors of themed outfits work great for senior sessions!
– you can NEVER be too overdressed for photos. I can always sneak a professional headshot in our session!
– a bouquet of flowers during engagement sessions makes magic for ring shots!
2. CAN I BRING SOMEONE WITH ME TO MY SESSION?
100% YES! Bring your best friend, sisters or brothers, mom, and even your dog to our photo session! It’s always helpful to have an extra set of hands when taking photos – especially if you’ve got multiple outfits, props, younger kids, or pets. Having a family friend or relative helps tremendously because they’re able work behind the scenes while we’re snapping beautiful pictures!
3. HOW LONG DOES A PHOTO SESSION LAST?
A photo session can last anywhere from 1-2 hours. I personally arrive 30-45 minutes early to our chosen location to scout out the best lighting so that our time together is used efficiently.
Because I am a natural light photographer our photo session will either be early in the morning right when the sun rises, or early in the afternoon about 1-2 hours before the sun sets. This time of day provides the best natural lighting and is going to be the most flattering for you photos.
4. WHAT CAMERA AND EDITING SOFTWARE DO YOU USE
I shoot with a Canon 6D and predominantly use my 50mm lens. I use Adobe Lightroom to edit my photos, Photomechanic to quickly cull through them, and Pixieset for my online galleries. I also never leave home without my ExpoDisc which helps me set a custom white balance!
Stay tuned for a more in depth explanation about the equipment I use.
5. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO DELIVER MY PHOTOS?
The day of your photo session you can expect 5-8 high-resolution images delivered to you in an online gallery. This way you can save these images either on mobile or desktop and can post to your social media accounts for friends and family to see! You can expect your full online gallery of high-resolution images from your photo session delivered to you within 1-3 weeks.
Wedding gallery delivery takes a bit longer due to the volume of photos being taken that day. Within 5 days of your wedding you will receive about 25-40 edited images that will be featured on my blog here! This link can be shared with friends and family so they too can relive your big day. Full gallery delivery can be expected 8-12 weeks after your wedding day.
6. WHAT IS YOUR PROCESS FOR PICKING LOCATIONS?
As long as the location has access to natural light I can take a flattering photo of you there!
At the time of your booking I will ask my clients where they are located to see if I can accommodate the drive time for you and choose a location near you. I am also happy to work with you if you have a specific location in mind.